Pretty much daily I pop around the internet to see what’s going on with our miniature cedar chests. Any good deals on e-bay or etsy? Anyone saying something about the boxes in their listings that is new to me? Anyone like me looking for information on google? While surfing today, I found a couple of new items (to me anyway)…
One, there is a version of our box that has the following distinct details:
- Nailed on (with nails), rear surface/face mounted hinges
- No key hole, rather a clasp nailed on the front of the lid with accompanying “loop” on the box
- What appears to be “tall” in size
- Scalloped feet on all corners
- Squared, sharp vertical corners, rounded on top
- LANE Altavista, VA lid logo brand – see photo below. This is now the 5th logo I have found
Not sure if these links will work…
If link doesn’t work, one box as described above is for sale but is pretty expensive at $65 and the other I am bidding on right now – fingers crossed.
Two, I found a copy of a book, “Lane: furniture with a tradition and a future, the Company’s first 50 years” by Edward Hudson Lane on Amazon. And, it was cheap! Like the last book I purchased, I am hopeful there is something about the Girl Graduation Plan and the miniature cedar chests contained within! I will report what I find in about a week.
A good day surfing!
Until next time…